Search

Search My Garden Blog with Google Custom Search

3.2.07

Have You Seen This Cacti?

Look closely at the Cacti in this picture. It was stolen from Pancho Villa's Restaurant (1625 Sir Francis Drake Blvd Fairfax, CA) and is valued at $5,000.00 But I think that aside from the monetary value it has sentimental value as it was planted in the mid-1970s by Jose Luis Velasquez who worked as a bartender at the restaurant and passed away two years ago. The owner of the restaurant, and cacti, Kelly Medina is offering a reward for the return of her stolen cacti. She's offering a "sumptuous feast" in exchange for information leading to the return of her beloved cacti.

Is there a worst kind of thief than a plant thief? There probably is but it has to rank right up there next to baby candy theft and I'm hoping that the person(s) responsible for this theft weren't cacti and succulent enthusiasts.



You can get the number for Medina and the local police and read the story at the link below.

(read the story here)

I just realized that if I had a similar looking cacti I'd probably prop it in a chair in the basement and tie it up and send Medina "proof of life" just for some laughs.

4 comments:

  1. I remember awhile back, someone was stealing potted cacti from the porches of a neighborhood. I don't know if they ever found out who it was but I can't believe how much people are willing to pay for them.

    It makes me nervous to plant anything valuable in the front yard in case someone does have the guts to steal it in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah people can be really disappointing sometimes when it comes to what they'll do for a plant. I had a few plants torn out of the ground last year.

    Fortunately nobody came onto the porch and took any of the potted plants. I live in a busy area and all Spring/Summer my family kept saying; "You're just asking for someone to steal your cactusesses plants" To which I would reply: "The plural form of the word you're looking for is cacti." and then I would cross my fingers and hope nobody would actually steal 'em.

    Year before last I only had a couple of succulents but I had some kind of rodent that would come on the porch and take bites (he wouldn't eat the leaf just bite it) of my succulent plants. Last year I started feeding a stray cat in the garden and he seemed to have fixed that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People who steal dogs are worse, but that whole bunch is the scum of humanity. Terrible people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, pet thieves are pretty low. It's happened to me a couple of times. Most recently with two German Shepards by people who posed as Animal Control when I wasn't home. Turned out to be breeders working with a vet.

    Never did get our dogs back.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!

Feel free to leave a comment. You can always use the search box for my blog or the search "Google For Gardeners" if you're looking for gardening information. If you're looking for seed saving information check out "Seed Snatcher"search engine.

Do not have a blog yourself? Comment using the "anonymous" feature. If you have a Twitter or FB account feel free to use the "Name URL" feature so other people can find you.


Thanks for visiting.